lifters?

i'm told that all vw hydraulic lifters are the same (8v and 16v)....only
reason i'm curious is that i have a head from a gx engine (small valves)
that only has 15k on it and wanted to swap the lifters from that into my
16v head when i install a set of cams....(my head had abotu 175k on it
now)....but since i only have 8 lifters, is it better to put them on the
intake cam or the exhaust (does one side take more abuse?)....i also have
another gx engine head (has more miles on it than the other one, but alot
less than my 16v head)....

any suggestions?

dave