Re: is this stock?

At 09:55 AM 2/5/99 -0700, Stephen Stalcup wrote:
>On my 88 16v there looks to be a largish hose running from my header
>somewhere. Is this stock? The hose seems to be slightly ripped in one
>place. TIA
>Steve Stalcup
>
>VW Scirocco '88 16v
>http://www.nmt.edu/~elfking

Yes, it is a warm air hose.  When it's cold out the airbox takes some(maybe
all) air from a shroud attached to the manifold.  This air passes through
the tube.  Replacements, in my experience, are expensive from the dealer.
You would better off to get some carb preheater hose from a parts
store(make sure it's heat resistant).   Most people leave the tube off
though, but if your car doesn't like the cold you may want to keep it.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)