Re: [Tech] [Tire pressure] [195/50-15 tires]

On Fri, 05 Feb 1999 13:31:19 -0800 Kevin <aventari@cts.com> writes:

>If I run more pressure in the back, the contact patch gets extremely
skinny
>as the middle bulges out.

You running bias ply tires dude? Radials DONT bulge. Dont believe me?
Lower the pressure to 10lbs. Borrow moms tape measurer and measure the
diameter of the tire. Then put in 50 lbs of air. Remeasure the tire. No
difference.
Highschool autoshop still teaching that old 50's tech stuff? LOL!

>Then you start having fun with a massively
>twitchy rear end! the 28mm rear bar and no front bar only exacerbate
>the situation.. hehe

Its twitchy because the sidewals are not being allowed to flex and roll
over.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and