Re: [Tech] [Tire pressure] [195/50-15 tires]

At 10:21 AM 2/6/99 EST, you wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Feb 1999 13:31:19 -0800 Kevin <aventari@cts.com> writes:
>
>>If I run more pressure in the back, the contact patch gets extremely
>skinny
>>as the middle bulges out.
>

>You running bias ply tires dude? Radials DONT bulge. Dont believe me?
>Lower the pressure to 10lbs. Borrow moms tape measurer and measure the
>diameter of the tire. Then put in 50 lbs of air. Remeasure the tire. No
>difference.
>Highschool autoshop still teaching that old 50's tech stuff? LOL!

no. I'm running Pirelli Pzero Asymetricos. Well If you want to come over
and see, I'll show you the edge of the tread not touching the ground at 38
psi. It touches at about .2 cm (if that) in from the edge. You can say i'm
lying all you want, but i've seen this stuff with my own eyes!

When I said 'extremely' it was in completely relative terms(it's called
hyperbole). the very little part of the tread that actually doesn't touch
the ground is very small..

>>Then you start having fun with a massively
>>twitchy rear end! the 28mm rear bar and no front bar only exacerbate
>>the situation.. hehe
>

>Its twitchy because the sidewals are not being allowed to flex and roll
>over.

Yup

Kevin Fry -- computer nerd!
'81 S Roc 1.8