RE: What Air to fuel ratio should a 16v run . ?

i think you should leave it like it is and get a fuel enrichment device.
 i forgot who it was, but someone made one out of a relay and a resistor
(like the TT).  it would be very easy to add a potentiometer in there so
you can adjust the full throttle enrichment.  by the way, why are you
saying it's running lean?  14.7:1 is perfect.  if it runs a little
leaner now and then, like under no load or light load conditions, that's
fine.  the only thing you don't want to do is run under high load/rpm
lean.  as long as it's between 14:1 and 13:1 under WOT, you're fine.
full power, though, is around 12:1 to 13:1.

chris
86 16V scirocco