Re: top speed

Derrick wrote:

> What's the fastest speed you have gone with the mods on your Scirocco?

I have a Mark One, '81, and it's got a 1.8L in it. It also has a 4 into
1 header which only seems to give any benefit in the higher RPM ranges.
(Who'da thought that'd be true).

Besides it's larger engine I have some kind of airdam on the front,
source unknown, and these high speed runs from the tollgate to the
bridge have turned it's cracks into missing pieces.  :(

I only have the 100 mph speedo but I have the wide ratio, tall 5th
tranny and find it very easy to peg and bounce the needle off the pin.

Given that the thing has these corroded 205/60/13s on them I am fairly
certain I could push 120mph with some minimal (non-engine) enhancements.

I'll take better notes next time but I'm sure it's less than two miles,
possible one and change before I hit the century mark. On the other hand
relativity may be tipping the scales.

TBerk
Looking for a Mk1 160 mph speedo, sorry don't want metric, Thx.