Re: Corrado Brakes -- Physics Question: Are they pointless?

16V JASON wrote:

>         And, once you convert to the 11s, you are probably also creating a serious
> front/rear bias problem.  Under normal braking, the fronts are doing so
> much more work than the rears, that who knows... stopping distances might
> even be increased?  And you can't mess with the proportioning valve to fix
> that-- the valve only limits the *maximum* amount of pressure delivered to
> the rears... which means you would have to upgrade the rears, to, say, 10"
> rotors to compensate for the added stopping power up front.  And that's not
> possible, right?  I believe Danny asked that one...

Excellent point! I decided not to do this conversion mainly because I figure vw
probably has more than one engineer on the payroll and there is often more to this
stuff then what comes to mind at first. You probably would really start throwing
things off pretty badly. I think of the people who put 17's on rocco's and lower them
too much and then complain about weird handling problems. I'm not saying you shouldn't
run 17's I'm simply pointing out any radical modifications and the car will not
necessarily perform the way you might expect.. You guys do bring up some good
points... Nothing like the list to gain perspective on something as well as several
viewpoints..

Jason.
87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.