RE: Coolant Change Question (Air Bubble?)

>Really?
>
>    Fill from the hose connection to the heater block?  Nope, didn't do that.
>    Drill holes in the thermostat?  Nope, didn't do that.(Have filled it
>previously with no problem there)
>    Filled with the heater on full?  Nope, didn't do that(again, previous
>experience)  This may explain the slight improvement when driving with the
>heater
>on I guess.
>
>    Sounds like I might want to drill it and try again.

before you go through all that trouble again...  open your heater.
disconnect the top radiator hose.  pour coolant down into the radiator
and down the hose into the block.  that should do it.  if it's enough to
open the thermostat, then any other bubbles will work their way to the
expansion tank.  keep an eye on the coolant levels this week.

when i changed the thermostat some months ago, i used about 80% water,
20% coolant, and redline water wetter.  the temps have gone down a bit,
and it cools off faster when i switch on the radiator fan (installed
manual switch).  i highly recommend this if you aren't driving in
freezing temperatures.  (i live in south florida).

chris
86 16V scirocco