Re: A/C Recharge

Brad Sheridan wrote:

> Ron at VW Specialties claimed a much higher price than $8-$10/lb. I think
> the total price for just the recharge of R12 was going to be around $80.
> Whereas the new stuff was much cheaper.

Ron fixed the AC in my car right after I bought it last year.  He charged me
WAY big bucks for the R12.. I didn't complain but I probably should have.
Right before taking it in I had done some research on the net to figure out
whether I wanted to convert the thing to R134a or not.  One reason I
decided to stick with R12 was I found that the prices had fallen drastically
since peaking about a year earlier.. seems that GM was sitting on about
20 MILLION pounds of R12 and overall there is just much more left out there
than originally feared.  Nonetheless Ron's prices were still up in the
stratosphere, closer to where they should have been a year earlier.. Ron's
a straight shooter, my guess is it was simply because that's when he bought
the stuff he has (or had)..

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA