Re: A/C Recharge

At 09:13 PM 2/3/99 -0600, you wrote:
>At 16:38 2/3/99 -0800, Brad Sheridan wrote:
>   Regardless of what refrig. you use, find and repair all your leaks. Much
>cheaper in the longterm. It's not the condenser that needs to be replaced
>but the filter/drier, much cheaper/easier.

  My mistake, it was filter drier they swapped out on mine, in addition to
the compressor. But regarding the price of freon in another post, Ron at VW
Specialties claimed a much higher price than $8-$10/lb. I think the total
price for just the recharge of R12 was going to be around $80. Whereas the
new stuff was much cheaper. And my R134 AC system now blows very cold air,
much colder than my R12 system ever was. I assume its because of all the
new components, but for whatever reason, its now more than cold enough.
I've even driven it from LA to Vegas last summer, and it kept me plenty
cool when it was extremely hot outside.