Re: new to list.

300$ for a strait body, no wrecks or major rust? yeah thats fair. I
would undertake this car if, and only if you had a source for cheap
parts, like junkyards. the car could need a new fuel distributor
which are not cheap, or it could be just vapor lock! Most likely you
can get that car running tip top for less than ,$1,500 total assuming
other stuff is ok like engine and tranny. a grand will let you
overhaul things like bushings,mounts, sensors, this list is also a
great source for cheap parts as we are all cheap bastards for the
most part.

it also pays to have a trusted, good VW mechanic close by. One that
will tell you exactly whats wrong and get it fixed right the
firsttime, expecially helpful on expensive repairs.

good thing about this kind of car, you invest little, work over the
entire car, take care of any problems you encounter then have a solid
car, on the other hand you can invest a lot of money in a sound car,
but then you never know what will go wrong with it in the near
future.

Ryan