Re: A/C Recharge

At 06:42 PM 2/3/99 EST, you wrote:
>  Am I going to have a hard time getting
>this recharged?  How hard is it to find the old freon?  The way they do it
>down here is they make you check for leaks.  Of coarse they will find one and
>make you pay all this money to fix the leak.  Has any one switched over to
the
>new freon. Is it worth it or should I just hunt around for someone to
recharge
>it without any hassles.  Thanks for any and all input in advance:P

  I had my system switched over to the new stuff when my compressor died.
All you have to do is replace some seals, which you can get in a kit for
less than $20 from VW. I had to also replace my compressor, because it was
dead, and also the condensor, which from what I was told, you want to
replace whenever you replace the compressor. I had VW specialties do it,
and labor ran a few hundred dollars, but it will probably be less for just
a seal kit. And getting your system charged up with the new stuff is so
much cheaper than the old stuff, it pays for the conversion with the first
time you recharge the system.

Brad