Re: Sudden Acceleration (Or lack of)

Brian Honnold wrote:

> That is precisly why I got a headset for my cell phone.

Now, *that's* an idea.  I didn't even know there was such a thing.

I remember that some automaker a few years ago had a cell phone in the
driver's sun visor.  Pretty good idea, I suppose, but I don't think it
went over too well.  That was a while ago, though, and I suppose the
technology hadn't evolved to the point where it worked very well.

Heh!  Somebody's putting computers in cars now.  Just wait 'till
somebody starts reading his/her e-mail while driving...And Mercedes has
installed a warning light in the dash of one of their new cars, to alert
the driver that he/she needs to take action of some sort.  It's part of
their cruise control system, I think.

Scenario:  Cruise control set on 80, car approaches leading vehicle.
Warning light comes on; driver, awakened from stupor induced by reading
e-mail, thinks, "OH, SHIT!  I better hit my brakes!  Now, which pedal
was that...?"  <CRASH!!!!>  One dead mother with kid, one living (and
rich) idiot with too much isolation from the world.  Sickening.

Carlyle