car upgrade

I have a question.  I am thinking about buying a 1.8L engine kit from
Autotech.  I have a 1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v and the kit will
upgrade it to a 2.0L engine.  Plus I am going to put a turbo into the
car.  Can the engine handle this extra power?  While I'm doing should I
upgrade the clutch as well or can I use the stock clutch?  Have anyone
did this before and do you know how much it will cost for the mods?  Do
you know how much power it will make?  Also do you know the maximum
amount of boost I can put the car to without blowing a gasket or
something up?  With the 1.8L engine kit, do I have to shave anything or
is it a direct put-on to the engine?  While I'm doing this and the
engine is open do you have any suggestions on the other parts of the
Scirocco to upgrade?