Re: to turbo or to 2.0

---Riley McDowall <roog@home.com> wrote:

> At 9:50 pm -0500 1/2/99, Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:
> >If a stock 2L is worth 134, opening up the exhaust with the TT unit
> >should add a little bit (say 4hp), K&N is maybe worth 1.  Ported head is
> >easily worth on the order of 15, with the 260 cams probably about 25. Fuel
> >enrichment adds another 6. Ported throttle body mabe worth another 1.
> >Everything conservative, remember.
>
> I'm with you up to the part about the cams.  25hp out of a set of Schrick
> 260s?

You didn't read it right, sorry.  Look at my math.  I only added 10hp for
the 260's.  15 for the ported head, 10 more for the cams = 25hp total.
Get it now? :)

> I'm thinking 15hp sounds reasonable...

I didn't, I went way conservative on everything, so I only added 10.  Read
what I wrote carefully again.

> If we're both down in Cincy on the May 9th weekend, we'll get a chance to
> go head-to-head.  I'll be at around 175hp (a pretty reliable estimate, IMO)
> with the following mods: stock 2.0 bottom end, port-matched 50mm intake
> manifolds, supersprint header, Jamex airbox, and a thoroughly rebuilt and
> ported head with Schrick springs and 276° cams.  :)

Sounds like a match up to me! :)  Oh, I forgot to add in any HP I gained
from my overbore BTW. :)  (minimal, maybe 5 conservative estimate?)

==Brett