Sudden Acceleration (Or lack of)

> DaleWitt wrote:
>
> > It should be mentioned that Audi really never had a problem...It was people that
> > did not know how to drive.  In Europe it was never an issue because people there
> > do not tend to believe every thing that the Media puts out.  60 minutes retracted
> > the BS but damage was already done.  Today the Audi has recovered completely
> > from the bad press and doing fine.  Scirocco note.....Rocs kick ass!
>
> To elaborate further.. the "problem" turned out to be the location of the
> pedals.  In the 5000, they're located somewhat unusually towards the center of
> the car.  People would THINK they were pushing on the brake, would hit the gas
> instead, and WHAMMO!  All those brainiacs investigating these accidents should
> have smelled a rat when people kept swearing that the car took off while they
> had the brake pedal mashed to the floor.. we all know that's basically
> impossible, when the brake system turns out to be in perfect working order.

Wow that's interesting.. I remember hearing all about that and wondering what the deal
was. Also I could be wrong but aren't the brakes more powerful than the engine? Ever
heard of
pushing the clutch in? Maybe neutral or park? If you ask me there are too many shit for
brains yuppies that have no business driving in the first place on the road. They're
probably used to
driving an american land with the huge pedals.. Also, ever notice something, I've never
in my entire life seen a yuppie driving a rocco, not the least bit sup rising..

Jason.
87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.