Re: to turbo or to 2.0

>>I have about $5, 000, I have drove a turbo celica, I want about 170 hp

Easy with a 2L 16v.  Based on other dyno tests of similar engine, I'll
be pushing 170hp+ out of mine when it's done.  Here's the rundown without
prices:

-2L block from 1991 GLI bored .5mm over (.040) with cast Mahle pistons
-1.8L 16v head, ported, rebuilt, port matched
-Schrick 260 cams
-Techtonics 2.25 exhaust with cat
-Fuel enrichment device
-K&N filter
-Ported throttle body (later)

I'll add up what each of these mods should give, going steeply on the
conservative side in order to try and take out the 2 + 2 != 4 if you
know what I mean. :)

If a stock 2L is worth 134, opening up the exhaust with the TT unit
should add a little bit (say 4hp), K&N is maybe worth 1.  Ported head is
easily worth on the order of 15, with the 260 cams probably about 25. Fuel
enrichment adds another 6. Ported throttle body mabe worth another 1.
Everything conservative, remember.

134 + 4 + 1 + 25 + 6 + 1 = 171hp.  Run you around $2,800 - $3,600 depending
on how much you replace in the engine compartment (motor mounts, O2
sensor, distrubutor, oil pump, etc...)

Personally, I wouldn't want to add that much more to my car...the
unibody (and front cross member) probably wouldn't be able to take
much more.  Personal opinion of course.

My engine is _almost_ done, waiting on an oil pump gear that couldn't
be had in the States anywhere because it's apparently never chipped
or broken for _anyone_ else anywhere. :(

==Brett