Re: tramsmission

On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:40:49 -0600 Derrick <tyrone27@bellatlantic.net>
writes:
>I saw a 6-speed transmission today at a performance car shop.  which
>one is better the 5-spd with the .80 conversion or the 6-speed for a 2.0
>or turbo upgrade. If you have either one can you tell me about your
>experience with it.  The guy's at EIP told me that a turbo is cheaper
>and better for my engine, is this true.

Cant really help you with the question at hand, can only tell you that
EIP has a bad customer service rep. (As in you dont always get what you
pay for.. and if you do, its NEVER when they promise it will be done.
Delays of 6 months are common.)

IMHO, the 5 speed with a different 5th gear is the better route. You
could even restack the entire gearing if you were to have it rebuilt and
it would be also much cheaper than the 6-speed conversion.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and