RE: car started but wont idle now ...conclusion

youre prob right on the money, but after realizing i have been
working on this car for the last 38/48 hours i'm damn tired.

I ended up going back to the stock fuel dist top, seems the 86 dist
top part, the plunger was stuck up. however i may be missing the
o-ring, i forgot to check for it when putting the 81 fuel dist on the
86 fuel plate assembly. I doublechecked the bentle and my air meter
plate is positioned correctly.

I wouldn't think a pin style coil would be bad for the car, a coil is
a coil is a coil,, i should be able to slap a nology coil or jacobs
or any other coil on there and have it work.

i believe my no-idle problem now resides as brian said, the fuel
plate meter needs ajusting along with the idle screw. I don't have
the tools required to land it on the money so i'm getting it towed to
my most trusted VW mechanic, who has worked wonders before on my dubs
in getting them to purr like kittens, he'll dial it in and get it
screaming.

i slapped the 81s t-body onto my 87 cabby to replace the missing
audi-5000 t-body, wow what a difference, the car takes forever to rev
up with the smaller t-body now.

barring any replacement parts i should only about out 100$ or so for
him to get it running good, i'll prob even have him advance the
timign a bit, say 9deg to be a little safe? All in all i should net
some serious hp gains from these two mods, while still retaining a
100% stock look.

maybe i'll go play with it a bit later before they go and tow it
tomorrow morning but most likely not, my fingers hurt and i reek of
gasoline.

Ryan
btw the car even came with this kickass 3-spoke
wolfsburg steeringwheel.