Re: Fuel Air Mixture Adjustment Question (long)

At 11:37 PM 2/1/99 EST, you wrote:
>OK this would be a question more suited to racers I guess :
>
>	OK I just got a Air/Fuel Gauge for my 16v out of concern. I plan on
>installing this tomorrow or later in the week . Now I'm not sure what I
should
>leave the settings.
> Should I leave it lean 15.4:1 or around 14.9:1 or 14.4:1 or should I
leave it
>a little rich at 13.8:1 . . ? Now I know if I leave it lean I'll grab some
>fuel economy but I don't really care about fuel economy. . and I know leaving
>it rich will give me some power.

  Did you get one of those air fuel meters that connect just to the stock
O2 sensor? If so, be very leery of the results it gives. The stock O2
sensor is not very accurate, except right at 14.7:1. As for AFRs to play
with, mid to high 13s are a good number to start with. But the O2 sensor
isn't accurate in this region. If you try to set your AFR with one of
these, I'd have it double checked with a CO meter.

> But since I have done a lot to my motor, exhaust and intake I'm not sure
what
>I should have as my ideal setting. . .
>OK So heres the long part . .  List of motor and other mods that would effect
>the motor.

>	Ah and where do I drill in my mass air flow sensor to get to my adjustment
>knob allen key thing .

Its on top, between the fuel distributor and the air flow sensor plate.
There may be little plug there that needs to be drilled out.

> . . yeah . . Lost my bently to a pissed ex-grrlfriend
>should buy a new one someday . .

Buy a new bentley, or a new girlfriend?

>      INTAKE: K&N drop in 3 inch tubing to box, stock to throttle, Lightly
>bored throttle.

Do you have pix of this tubing to the box? Mines shredded, and I'd like to
put some sort of replacement tubing in there.

Brad