Re: Scirocco, a collectors car?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> What makes a classic collectable?

  i must digress for the normal, "accepted" definition of "classic
collectable" and say that the only reason something is of that nature is
if someone wishes it to be. i love my scirocco, but i must say that i've
had many people ask/wonder 'what the hell is a scirocco?'. i've even had
one person think it was a merkur. one cannot take away the fact that a
car is a classic. it's over 25 years old (the "accepted" age for a
classic). whether it's collectable or not is entirely left up to the
individual. to me, it's a collectable. to daun it's certainly a
collectable (or, at least, an insane hobby :)  i don't see these cars as
being collectors items for a long time. i'm thinking that in, say, 40
years people will be looking at these cars like they do when they see an
old packard or studebaker on the road. i love my car and wouldn't trade
it for the world. besides, who care what the population thinks is a
classic car? i certainly don't. i drive a scirocco.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com