Re: Scirocco, a collectors car?

> While I agree with you on what makes our cars desirable, I doubt they'll
> ever be a collectors car.  An undervalued cult car for sure, maybe even a
> classic cult car.  It's probably true that the Corrado
> will become a collector vehicle, note the prices that the Corrados
> are still bringing...especially the primo/prime VR6 model.  A stock VR6
> Corrado from 1994 (now 6 years old) can still bring 11-13k.  They seem to
> be holding their value significantly better then Sciroccos at this
> point in time.  Maybe things will turn around for our cars at some point,
> at least they're cheap enough for the average enthusiast of more modest
> means. :)  For this, I'm glad.

Actually Brett, I have to disagree.  I was looking at what was titled "Old
Cars Price Guide", published by Edmunds I think.  Looked up the specs on a
81 Mk1.  Currently, in MY area, a mint, STOCK, 81 S would be worth over
4,000.  seems to me that people are taking notice of how rare nice ones
are and the prices are beginning to reflect it.  I could see the Mk1
becoming a classic, but definately NOT the mk2, they are so damn ugly.
HEHEHEHEHEHE JUST KIDDING!

Eric