Re: Euro fuel system???

<x-flowed>>Someone I know has a euro fuel system for a 16v motor (fuel
>distributor/air flow sensor/fuel meter, but not the injectors). Does
>anyone know what the difference is between the euro and US version?
>
>TIA,
>Chris G
>'82 8v
>'88 16v

Quite a bit actually, as the electronics are almost non-existent for
the Euro KR 16v engine.  While the US 16v's have quite a lot of
electronics.  Depends on where you want to look, the Euro KR distributor
is mechanical with advance, the US one has no mechanical advance.  The
injectors are CIS based not CIS-E (obviously), the fuel meter/mixture
control unit is quite different (no DPR, no air flow plate position
sensor for starters).  Many people like the simplicity of the Euro
system, I've seen it for myself and am somewhat jealous over the small
amount of 'plumbing' (vacuum & electrical).

==Brett