Automatic to Standard

<x-flowed>Hey kids,

The Scirocco 1 deal fell thru. The guy could not hold onto it for an extra
week so I could come pick it up. I live 500miles away, its not like I could
drop everything and go get it...

I couldn't find a decent GTI, so I bought an 82 Cabriolet. My GF has always
wanted one, and her Foxwagen is looking a little worse for the wear, so I
picked up the cab knowing that it will be eventually donated to her, when I
find the right GTi.

Its silver with a black roof, in decent shape- $800. Has an electrical
problem that Im taking care of right now. The bad part is, it has a 1.6
Automatic in it. I'm not thrilled with it, but I'm sure it'll be a fun
little car. Besides, it has that oh-so-cool german-2round-light grille
setup...

Anybody ever do the swap to standard? I want to put the uGLi's motor and
tranny in it, probably in spring.

Also, how do I test the lockout switch on the gear selector? There are 4
wires- what does what?

Thanks...

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!