*
**o
***o
****o
*****o
******o
[ ]
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""
It looks like next year is going to be a great year for the Scirocco drivers
of the world.
I have had more people come up to me and tell me how they just love the
Scirocco.
Several folks are now looking for good Sciroccos and I think the car has now
crossed the line
and has become a true classic. This year the New Dimensions attendees are
going to see
more Sciroccos in one place than anywhere else in the US. Roadstar looks
like it will
have an excellent turn out too. It even looks like I will be going to both
events and filming
the events. I will be sending pictures with same day coverage to the list so
all the Scirocco
drivers in the world will get up to the day coverage. I have seen more MK1's
heading to the track and a few nice
examples that will hit the shows this year for the first time. At Dubfest
this last year several folks were
interested in my car and two Sciroccos won top prizes. The girls all wanted
pictures of them
standing next to the Sciroccos. It is just amassing how popular this car is
getting now
that it is over 25 years old. It is the list members that are partly
responsible for this.
I would like to take some time and thank Joe for his "The Scirocco" page and
Kevin for
the list. I know everyone on the list has made big contributions over the
years but Joe and
Kevin set the stage as far as I can tell. I would like to thank the
superstars too,
Shawn, Dirk, Eric Soltwedel, Brett Van Sprewenburg, Tberk, and Mike Potter
for all the
work that they have done over the past few years. I know that I have not
mentioned all
the great folks on the list like Ian I, and Kevin C, but it would just take
me all Christmas
to list everyone. So with that said I would like to say Happy Holidays to
everyone on the list.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco "S"