Re: generally non-roc

On Fri, 24 Dec 1999, Brian C Barrows wrote:
> While I'm on my non-roc tirade, what the Hell is it with Civics running
> around with 17" rims in the back and the stock 13" up front?  When I saw
> the first one I figured the guy didn't have enough money for a full set
> or something.  But now I'm seeing them everywhere.  What's the point?
> Do they like to just sit there burning out? Do they not like to turn?
> Or is this just an East Coast thing?

i think its just some of the fake ass bullshit so common with the H-car
crowd.  They want to look like the import drag racers that drive their car
to the track with the 17's and pop some slicks on the front that are on
small lightweight 13's.  But of course these guys want to look like theyre
cool so they copy this style on the street, which is bullshit because its
so out of place, but so is 3' wings, dozens of lights, and vinyl strips
covering half the windsheild.  Mostly they could give a fuck about
performance, only image so i tend to ignore all these cars running around.
Of course everyone is free to do what they want with their cars just so
long as they dont pretend their cars are fast.  The way i look at it, all
these rice cars are good because they get all the dumn asses to buy them
and it leaves the real performance cars to people who are really concerned
about performance.  I guess its working because you rarely see a riced-out
scirocco.
just my three cents,

Eric Person,
86 16v