Water Pump Blues

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hi all,

        I finally got a chance to slide under my 16V to find out why I was
losing coolant so regularly.  On the positive side, it wasn't the $160+
hose.  On the negative side, it was the water pump.  I've removed the pump
and all I gotta say is "What a pain in the ass!"  To get to the pump, I have
to disconnect the alternator, power steering pump, and A/C.  So besides
inspecting hoses, new belts, a new water pump, new thermostat, new fan
switch, and fresh power steering fluid, is there anything else I should be
replacing since I have so much of the car apart?  How much should I expect
to pay for a new water pump (I haven't called Potterman yet.  I'm waiting
for a complete list of parts.)?  Any tips or hints from the experienced
folk?

-Brad
'86.5 Scirocco 16V
'76 International Scout II