HELP- BRakes

I was changing my rear calipers today (which didnt work but thats another
story) and in the end I attempted to bleed the brakes but this is where
my real problem came up. THe Bentley says that to open the bleeder valve I
should use a 8mm box wrench....well I dont know whats going on but my 8mm
wrench is too big. I couldnt find any size wrench that would fit the
bleeder valve properly, SO now IM stuck. I have no brake pressure and cant
drive the car.  WHat am I missing???? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Rich Deede
University Of Delaware (Communications)
1988 Scirocco 2.0 16v