Re: [16v] solution to my problem(lucky)

In a message dated 12/21/99 6:03:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, rts@nol.net
writes:

<< stripped crank pully..so cam timing was off.
 seems damn car has so much torque it sheared
 the keyway off my crank pully and that did it.
 So i got a new pully, tensioner, belts etc etc
 and $350 later ill be picking it back up tomorrow >>

Damn man you are fking lucky my friend.  You are so lucky you did not bend
any valves.  When my bro had the car before me his timing belt jumped time
and bent all 8 exhaust valves.  When this happened the camshaft pulley
sheared its notch off because of the valves kissin the pistons. And thats how
I got the car.  Ryan, lucky man.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html