Building a 16V (Mk1 Rocco)

Hey guys and girls,

I'm preparing to so some wicked sheit to my 81 Scirocco.  Last year I
purchased tonnes of parts off a 16V Scirocco.  Presently, they're sitting
in my garage taking up space.  Since I have time on my hands, I figured I'd
get me started on my 16V project.

This project entails swapping out the 8V motor and installing a 16V motor.
i want looks and power.  Before I start the swap, I wanna make sure that I
know what I'm getting into.  I've already done a 8V swap (from carb system
to FI) so the 16V will be a feat and a half.

Some beginner questions.

1.  I have the 1.8 16V scirocco head.  Do I get a 2.0l head or is the 1.8
head better. (I'm gonna use the 2.0l block - which one do I pick up)

2.  To motronic or not?  I can pick up a motronic 16V motor complete with
wiring harness for cheap.  DO I bother with the motronic system or not?
Shall I retain the ole CIS-e system.  I already have the entire wiring
harness from a 16V Scirocco.  Any comments?

I should mention that I will retain the driver side setupo with the airbox
on the driver's side.  In other words, I'll be using the 16V Scirocco setup.

I know that others have done this swap before and there are others in the
process of doing the same project.  Any help would be of great assistance.

BTW, these are only the preliminary questions since I wanna prepare myself
with all knowledge possible prior to embarking on this task.  Thanks y'all

Sal

81 Scirocco
81 Scirocco S (16V to be)
84 Rabbit (now Gti)