Re: CINCY - The dates?

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> If we can agree to decide that we all will show our cars and make the
> effort to be there at the same time so we can show as a group, I think
> this would not only kick serious ass, but it would also probably get us a
> mention somewhere in the press. It might perk the curiosity of magazines
> as to why there is this "sudden interest" and a supported presence in the
> old Scirocco. It would be a powerful show indeed.

I'm with ya - let's create one HUGE fucking Scirocco gauntlet that people
can't help but get caught up in!  We already know from our past gatherings
that egos are put aside and nobody gets caught up in who's car is better
than theirs (a VERY cool thing, and sadly lacking in the GTI VR6 world)
so I don't think anybody will feel "ashamed" to show their car, no
matter what condition it's in - that's one of the things I really like
about the Scirocco brotherhood.  So the only downside is that everybody
needs to scrape together the small entry fee - BFD, it will cost us a lot
more just to get there so this added little expense is no big deal.

> Lets do it. So what we don't have show winning cars. (I know I don't.) If
> we can (try to) dominate the show and perhaps not allow room for a few
> A3's to show, its got to be a good thing! LOL!!

Yeah, no shit!  There is an INCREDIBLE number of riced-out 2-liter A3
Jettas floating around - lotsa chrome, slammed to the bejesus, 4000-watt
stereos, etc.  Let's force 'em out onto the street!

Another item to tackle - we MUST have a trip-related T-shirt and maybe
hat too for everybody to wear!  MUST look cool, none of the cheesy shit
that some of the <other> guys were wearing last year.  Remember those
hideous jumpsuits those crazy guys with the Turbo Rocs were wearing?
Arrrgh!!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0