Re: I just want a quiet exhaust that works!

>  Got home, popped the hood, here my O2 sensor wire came
> unhooked from the
> connector, my beautiful Jet-Hotted downpipe is all
> red/brown and I just
> betcha my manifold-to-downpipe gasket is leaking again
> causing the change in
> sound.  WHAAAAAAAAA!
>
> I'm just hoping my exhaust valves are OK.  they ought to
> be b/c they tick but
> with my luck....

I wouldn't worry about the valves too much.  On my old 16v,
I had the downpipe open up BIGTIME as I was leaving Chicago
and I drove all the way back to Ohio that way.  (I could
NOT hear the stereo the entire trip - it was that loud)
The oil temp ran a little hotter than normal as well.
(about 5 C)

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco    <---For sale  :(
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry