16v through and through

Well guys, I sort of sold out this morning.  I traded in my '84 8v in
for a '89 GTI 16v.  I miss the positive torque feeling of the 8v, but I
can now happily say that I love the 16v's.  Once my engine swap is
done, I'll be 16v through and through.

The GTI is just loaded with all the power goodies and 130k.  The
paint and body is immaculate, just a few little spots to be touched
up.  It's red and very beautiful.  The car is all original too,
something that pretty much sold me on it, even the radio is
original.  First thing I did was check it out and found out I wasn't
getting full throttle. Fixed that and tightened up a few items that
were loose.  Then I put on the 15x7 MSW's with Bridgestone
Potenza RE-71's.  The car handles and looks great.  I'll have pics
soon.  The lot was asking $2950, and considering the condition it
was in, I didn't haggle much.  Traded in the '84 (the nice stereo will
be missed) and a little cash and I was on my way.  Now if I can
only leave it as a stock daily driver...next to speeding that's going
to be the next hardest temptation.
                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
        http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/