I just want a quiet exhaust that works!

Hey all

Don't need advice too much as just a forum for venting... bear with me...  I
thought I had my '84 'roccet all fixed up, had DO manifold, TT downpipe,
stainless cat-back, loved the sound/power... anyway I was drigin around for
about 2 hours last night and I noticed the the emp gage was starting to creep
up at stop lights, hmm, weird.  Also exhaust sounded a bit louder than usual.
 Got home, popped the hood, here my O2 sensor wire came unhooked from the
connector, my beautiful Jet-Hotted downpipe is all red/brown and I just
betcha my manifold-to-downpipe gasket is leaking again causing the change in
sound.  WHAAAAAAAAA!

I'm just hoping my exhaust valves are OK.  they ought to be b/c they tick but
with my luck....

sigh,

nate