Re: [16v] now my car is screwed! any suggestions?

In a message dated 12/18/99 7:12:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, rts@nol.net
writes:

<< I do have about 1 quart too much
 oil in the car but it should still start up? ive started
 a car with like 3 quarts too much and it just smoked a bunch
 untill i drained some of the oil then it ran ok. could too
 much oil cause it not to start that poorly? too much drag
 on the crank? i cranks over healty just doesnt catch. >>

Hmmm, well Ryan well since you don't have a cat then I doubt that the exhaust
would be causing that.  The reason I mentioned about too much oil because on
my oil cap it says too much oil will damage the converter.  I don't think too
much oil would stop the engine from running unless you had some major blow by
and totally soaked the spark plugs with oil.  Maybe try pulling a plug and
take a look at it to see if it is soaked with oil.  Another lister mentioned
the coil, I haven't had any experience with coils but it seems logical, since
you know you have fuel, the only thing left would be spark.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html