Re: cherry '78 in Washington

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Kevin Collins wrote:

> Just spotted this car advertised at scirocco.org.. check it out:
>
> http://www.cam.cnchost.com/car/78scirocco.htm
>
> This thing looks like it's been restored to the bejesus, especially the
> paintwork.  The guy is asking $8500, which is a lot of beans for ANY Mk1,
> but then again..
>
> Have any of you guys up in the northwest seen this car?  Any comments
> welcomed.  I am definitely interested in the car.

   Yup!  I saw it July of 98 at Bug Nationals at Seattle International
Raceway.  I must say, that Scirocco is the BEST Mk1 I have *EVER* seen.
He did a few things to the car I wouldnt have done, but since he did
such a fine job with the rest of car, I can't complain.  ;)  You would
think that for $8.5k he would have had a built motor, but I can say that
paint looks phenomenal (probably where most of the cost resides).  I had
a chance to talk to the owner and unfortunately he isn't (or should I
say wasn't) on the S-list.  Hopefully the buyer is local to Seattle and
is (or will be) on the S=-list.  Heh, It's odd that you looked at the
URL cuz I just sent it around ICQ to a bunch of Mk1 owners yesterday.
;)

  AndrČ Bjorkheim
  Lime Green 79 Scirocco ©
  http://idt.net/~volkswgn/profile/pro3.html