Re: bottom question: RPMs

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 00:13:02 +0800 "Potterman"
<virtualworld@earthlink.net> writes:

>Aren't we forgetting a Cam?  I'm sure a 8v will rev to 8k but with a
stock
>cam it's just revving......not making power/torque.  Even mine with all
the
>above except the bigger valves & lightened valve train will rev past 7k
but
>it stops really making power at 6800.....& that's with a Schrick
>276/453
>advanced 2 deg.

Right you are. (Damn rare too.)
Im also forgetting shaving the head and block.
Not to mention welding up the head even tho the 8V head has a really nice
quench area as it sits.
BTW, your cam is WAY too soft  for high RPM usage.
GET GOING!!  :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and