Re: 91 GTI

Ooh, if you're gonna get a 91 GTI, ya gotta get the 16V model.  The 2.0
16V is a fun motor.  With a Garrett chip, they are even more fun.  I had
a Montana Green (or is Mountain Green?) 92 GTI 16V, but a guy came along
and gave me an offer I couldn't refuse.  I still kick myself.  I loved
that car.  Search for a 16V!  You won't regret it.  You should be able
to find a decent one in the $5-6k range.  The 16V GTIs (91-92 for the
US, 90-92 for Canada) also came stock with Recaro seats and 15" BBS
wheels.  The rims are kinda ugly and very soft, but the Recaros are the
best stock VW seats I've planted my ass in.  90-92 Jetta GLIs are also
fun cars and also come stock with the same Recaro seats but with the
cooler looking, more durable 15" BBS wheels.  The 90s didn't have the
'big bumpers' so they don't look quite as aggressive as the 91-92, but
stil fun cars.

-Mike