Re: 91 GTI

Wayne,
The most annoying thing about that generation of VWs
is that the U.S. gov'ment required passive restraint
systems.  So VW installed the passive shoulder
harness. Yee Haw what a good idea.  The damn passive
shoulder harness gets in the way all the time.  I
suggest looking at older cars with out the passive
shoulder harness or newer cars with out the passive
shoulder harness.

This is of coarse only if you hate them with a burning
passion that resembles severe psychosis,  like I do.
Also that year GTI isn't anything more than a 2-door
Golf with a trim package AFAIK.  Please correct if I'm
wrong.

They have problems here and there like any good VW.  I
don't think that the 2-door A2 body style offers much
more room over your 'rocco though.

Just my 2 cents.

-Emile Draper
'80 'rocco