Re: Parts Upgrades...

In a message dated 12/16/1999 9:20:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kevinc@flashcom.net writes:
> Bilstein sport shox, H&R sport springs, and Neuspeed swaybars, oh yeah
> and toss in an upper tie bar and a lower (i.e. stock 16V) tie bar(s),
>and you'll be cookin' with Crisco.

---Bilstiens and H&Rs are good.  Actually, the Eurosport upper stress bar is
only like $79.95, has the exact same tubular structure, yet lacks the Honda
gayness of the Nuespeed name printed on it.  Come to think of it, you can get
the whole tie bar package (front upper and lower, rear triangluated) for
$179.95 I believe.  There is a link for the Eurosport website at Scirocco.org.

>Brakes?  Not sure how much real benefit you'll get by ditching the
 >rear drums, there isn't a whole lot of braking going on back there
 >anyways.  But you could probably score a full 16V brake setup fairly
 >cheaply from a boneyard.. go for the gold! >>

---Agreed, thought it probably isn't worth you time and $$ trying to do a
brake conversion.  Unless you want it for the looks.  But make sure you
change the master cylinder and all too along with the drums to discs, etc.
On my old '78 'rocco, I just painted the rear drums bright silver and I
thought it looked great underneat my '15 MOMOs.

Ben
88 16v Scirocco