From: DNK006@aol.com [mailto:DNK006@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 1999 7:57 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Snow in the pass? I can't drive in slush!

The Scirocco BBQ trip sounds like a downright adventure, compared to my
normal driving.  It snowed today about 2 inches.  I was not impressed with
the Yokahama responce-GT tires in the show.  I can get to 75 in a rainstorm,

but hardly 40 on snow.  Old ladies in their Olds '88s were doing better that

me!  help!  I know how to drive in the snow, but the Scirocco won't go.  My
last car was the same way with cheap-ass rubber.  Should I consider getting
snow tire's for the front?  I am afraid with Michigan's moderate Winters
that
the dry pavement would eat a pair of snow tires quickly.