Re: Rabbit Bumpers

At the time when I bought my euro's for my rabbit, I had considered the
same thing.However, I believe that the Rabbit bumpers are shorter than the
rocco.  The won't fit.  The shocks, I think, do line up but the length of
the bumpers do differ.  However,  I'm sure that with mods you can get them
to work.....I don't want to be the one, though, to try it.

HTH

Sal

At 02:03 AM 15/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm still toying with the idea of taking the $150 gamble and trying to
>fit a pair of rabbit euro bumpers to my Mk II.  I'll let everyone know
>the results if I do.
>
>B.
>
>'82 Scirocco (aka "Fritz")
>'85 Jetta
>GO HOKIES!!!
>
>On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:36:46 -0800 (PST) Emile Draper <bybygti@yahoo.com>
>writes:
>>I looked into putting euro rabbit bumpers on my '80
>>but the Scirocco body it just too damn wide.  I don't
>>remember exactly how much wider but it is somewhere
>>around 1.5 inches wider at the front and 3 inches
>>wider at the rear measured at the top of the bumper.
>>I couldn't see cutting up a nice new pair of euro
>>rabbit bumpers just to see if it might work and look
>>OK.
>>
>>I suggest finding something from the local salvage
>>yard and try to make it fit.  If anyone finds and easy
>>cut and bolt on substitute for the stock scirocco
>>bumpers for either generation (MKI or MKII) be sure
>>and share your story.
>>
>>-Emile Draper
>>'80 'rocco
>>'79 'rocco