Re: Rabbit Bumpers

I looked into putting euro rabbit bumpers on my '80
but the Scirocco body it just too damn wide.  I don't
remember exactly how much wider but it is somewhere
around 1.5 inches wider at the front and 3 inches
wider at the rear measured at the top of the bumper.
I couldn't see cutting up a nice new pair of euro
rabbit bumpers just to see if it might work and look
OK.

I suggest finding something from the local salvage
yard and try to make it fit.  If anyone finds and easy
cut and bolt on substitute for the stock scirocco
bumpers for either generation (MKI or MKII) be sure
and share your story.

-Emile Draper
'80 'rocco
'79 'rocco