Massive !>VoLtAgE<! Overload

<x-flowed>List,

I was riding home on the rocco last night, cruising down a hill at 120 or
so, about to shift into 5th, when the dash lit up like a F%&@$%^ christmas
tree!! I never knew the rocco guages could go this bright! It stayed lit up
for a few seconds, enough time for me to glance down at the voltmeter, which
was up to 17... Normally, it sits at 13 with all the fogs, highs, and wipers
on. 12.5 - as low as 11 with the JL's bumping. I pulled over immediately,
and after everything looked fine tried to recreate the situation but to no
avail. What should I look at? The regulator seems a likely target. Honestly,
I wouldn't mind having a dash this bright, if possible, but can it be safely
done?

Pete
1980 Rocco w/ 91 GTI 1.8 & 5-spd

file attached: warning-fbi.txt/469 bytes

|ID-99032178  Subject: Jacobsen Pete|
|FBI Record of Aliases and Sightings|
|Fluid WD       http://Fast.to/Fluid|
|Profile    http://come.to/myprofile|