High beam flasher querk no londer mystery

I thought I had just come across an odd wire with a special purpose, but it
is accessory switched.  A close look at the Skeerocco Skeematic reveals the
method:  electricity from the battery backtracks from the bright switch, to
the light switch in the all-on position, then to the solenoid in the load
reduction realy.  I love the load reduction realy, what a good idea.  The
only things that will not be powerd my the load reduction relay is the
ignition. Cool.
is this a VW "Easter egg?"
Thanks for the info
Ben