Re: 1st day really driving/16v vs gsr(medium legthn)

jonas miller wrote:

> does anyone know what the outcome would be if they went up against each
> other.....

My neighbor has a Type R, and one night he and I went at it from stoplights
a couple of times.  I can hang with him right to about 60 mph.  From there
he gets that sewing machine wound up and he starts to pull on me.  Bear
in mind my car has a 2.0 bottom end.. a GSR is a lesser beast and would
be less of a competitor.

On a related note - I had the car up at altitude this weekend for the first
time, as high as 8400 feet.  I was pleasantly SHOCKED at how well the
engine performed - I could barely detect any loss of power at all!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0