Re: 2.0 8v Swap...Questions!

> 1.	Are ARP head studs worth the cost?

I'm sure that stcok studs would be just as effective
as the APR studs. Find out how much the original studs
are and compare them to these. If they're not that
much more, why not get the APR just to know that you
have hard core head studs.

> 2.	What exactly do I need to the distributor?  I
> have heard that I need
> to switch something???

You have to get an Adapter bushing to make the A1
distributor fit on the ABA block. $35 at TT.

> 3.	I have also heard that I need the metal coolant
> pipe from the head
> to the heater core. Is this right?

Yeah. On the A1 block, the Fuel Accumulator (Is that
what it's called?) rests there. On the ABA block,
usually a rubber hose runs from there to the top of
the valve cover. It takes fumes out of the crank
chamber. This thing cost $60 at TT also. I don't where
else you could get this stuff.

> 4.	I am planning on getting the head done because it
> has 160,000 miles
> on it. I dont want anything 	fancy just a cleanup
> and new guides, seals,
> etc...How much can I expect to pay for this?  Is
> there 	anything that I can
> ask for that will not cost an arm and a leg?

About $150-200?
Maybe get a nice Polish and Port Job? You could have
the head decked, but high compression could be
dangerous. You don't want to blow your fresh head do
ya? :)

> 5.	How will my compression be affected by the head
> job?  Will the cam
> gear take care of it?

Well, if you don't get the head decked, It should be
something like 10:1. Make sure that you keep your
knock sensor hooked up to keep everything running
nice.

HTH

=====
Paul Maione (The Burnt Kid)