2.0 8v Swap...Questions!

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I am accumulating parts right now to do a 2.0 8v swap in February into my
1991 Gti 8v.

So far I have gotten or will be shortly....

Adjustable cam gear
Velocity Diff Kit
Techtonics non cat downpipe
Velocity Flywheel
New clutch with 16v pressure plate
2.0 ABA block

I was wondering if anyone else has done a similiar swap on this list because
I have just a few
questions.....

1.	Are ARP head studs worth the cost?
2.	What exactly do I need to the distributor?  I have heard that I need
to switch something???
3.	I have also heard that I need the metal coolant pipe from the head
to the heater core. Is this right?
4.	I am planning on getting the head done because it has 160,000 miles
on it. I dont want anything 	fancy just a cleanup and new guides, seals,
etc...How much can I expect to pay for this?  Is there 	anything that I can
ask for that will not cost an arm and a leg?
5.	How will my compression be affected by the head job?  Will the cam
gear take care of it?

This will be my first engine swap so any help would be great!

thanks, shawn