SV: battery relocation

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
> > Just out of curiosity, why do people want to move their battery from the
> > normal place to the back of the car.  What is gained from this
>
> Better weight distribution since something like 65% of a VW's weight is
> over the front wheels.  I have my crossweights somewhere from when I
> was running the scales at an SCCA national event.  They were something

That is as said for a Rabbit, the Scirocco has much better weight distribution from start, something like 53% front, 47% rear but if you take away unnecessary items like backseat for race car allmost all weight is removed from the back of the car soo you transfer weight too the front. Moving the battery back sets back weight distribution.

> >sounds like a
> > pain in the ass to do with the starter cables and alternator cables.
> > Inquiring mind wants to know.

It's some pain in the ass but not hard to do. You get less voltage too starter motor, less charging of battery so this is if you're looking for the last pieces of road handling.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8T RSi -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker