Re: Linkage issues...

Sounds like you lost a bushing or two.  Mine was
exactly the same way, and when I got the bushing kit,
I found that 3 bushings were toast, and acouple more
nonexistant.  Depending which short shift kit you get,
some come with bushings for the entire linkage.  The
eurosport short shifter and weighted shift rod I got
from potterman did.  Might save you a few $$$.

--- Ben Patterson <bpatterson@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hey all -
>
> 	I got in my car last night to leave work, pulled
> out of the
> parking lot and noticed my shifter had a ton of play
> in it, which it
> didn't on the way to work. Like, 2-3 inches of play
> when it is in
> gear, and it also pops out of gear if you bump it.
> It also clicks
> pretty loudly when moving it around. It's doing well
> for tranny
> fluid, but I'll double check it when I get home
> tonight. I'm thinking
> the bushings might be toasted, in which case it
> would be a fine time
> to put in the short shift that has been sitting on
> my bench for a
> couple months. Anyone have this problem before so I
> know what to look
> for when I'm working on it?
>
> 				Ben Patterson, 86' 16v

> Ben Patterson 				Pager - (650)794-8868
> Networking/Macintosh			LiNCS - (650)725-4630
> Systems Engineer			Email: bpatterson@stanford.edu
> CRC-LiNCS/ITSS				Stanford University
>
> "Marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some
> countries."
> 					- Wayne, from Wayne's World -

=====
Mark